Applies to: X-Station
There is no hardware factory reset function on the unit itself since the factory OS, templates, patches and global settings are not stored on a memory chip inside the unit. There are two stages to resetting the unit; reloading the factory templates and reloading the factory patches. Both of these can be done with the X-Station Template Editor which is free to download from the X-Station downloads page. Follow these steps to reset the X-Station:
RELOADING THE FACTORY TEMPLATES
- Download the 'X-Station Templates and Resources' from the X-Station downloads page.
- Connect the X-Station to your computer and turn it on, then open the Editor. If the welcome dialog appears select 'Send bulk dumps to and from your X-Station'. After this you may be prompted to select a MIDI input and output device. Select 'X-Station' for both and then click 'OK'. If the welcome dialog does not appear then select 'Select MIDI input/output device...' from the 'Device' menu, choose 'X-Station' in both menus and then click 'OK'. Next select 'Bulk Dumps...' from the 'Device' menu.
- Press the 'global' button on the X-Station to enter the global menu and scroll to the 'Memory Protect' page. Set this to OFF then press 'write' to save the setting and 'play/synth' to return to play mode. Make sure the X-Station is in template mode using the 'play/synth' button.
- In the Bulk Dumps window click 'Upload factory settings' to send the factory templates to the X-Station. Once the patches have finished uploading click 'OK' to exit the Bulk Dumps window.
RELOADING THE FACTORY PATCHES
- Download the 'X-Station factory sounds' from the page.
- Select 'Patch Librarian' from the 'Device' menu in the Editor.
- In the Patch Librarian Window click 'Open...' and select the 'Bank_100_199_inc.syx' file in the folder downloaded in step 5.
- Make sure the X-Station is in synth mode using the 'play/synth' button and select a sound in bank 1.
- Click 'Upload' in the Patch Librarian window to send the patches to the X-Station.
- Once the patches have uploaded click 'Open...' in the Patch Librarian window and select the 'Bank_200_299_inc.syx' file in the folder downloaded in step 5, then select a sound in bank 2 on the X-Station.
- Click 'Upload' in the Patch Librarian window to send the second bank of patches to the X-Station, then click 'OK' to exit the Patch Librarian window.