Applies to: SuperNova II Keyboard
The following describes the calibration procedure for the pitch wheel, mod wheel and aftertouch on the Supernova II keyboard:
- Power on with */octave down/* pressed. Keep it pressed until the wheel calibration page displays.
- Move both wheels to their extremes several times. As soon as both have moved significantly, the display shows responses to wheel movement.
- Check that the bend wheel (left) causes the left hand number to change between 0-254 with 254 displayed at maximum positive displacement.
- Check that the mod wheel (right) causes the right hand number to change between 0-127 with 127 displayed for maximum positive displacement.
- Press */page down/* when done – this produces the aftertouch calibration page.
- Hold one key firmly down.
- Adjust the upper number (with the upper data knob) until the lower number just reaches its limit of 127.
- Add 10 to the upper number.
- Try pressing a few keys and confirm that any key can produce a lower number value of 127.
- A typical value for the upper number is 100. A value below 70 or above 150 should be treated with suspicion.
- Press */page down/* when done – this saves calibration data in flash memory.