Applies to: Xio
The signs of corrupted patches are:
- No sound
- Strange sound
- Unreadable/jumbled patch names
If you upload the factory patches again, it will solve the problem. The factory patches can be uploaded to the unit as follows:
- Download and install the latest "Novation USB driver", "Xio template editor" and "Xio Factory Soundbank" from here. Run the installer without the Xio connected.
- Connect the Xio to your computer and turn it on. Make sure it is in synth mode and then open the Xio editor software.
- If the editor welcome box appears select 'Nothing Thanks' and click 'OK'. In the editor select 'Select MIDI Input/Output Device...' from the 'Device' menu and make sure the Xio is set as the MIDI input and output, then click 'OK'.
- Select 'Patch Librarian' from the 'Device' menu to open the patch librarian window. The Patch Librarian window will pop up.
- Click "Open" and select "Sound Bank1 XIO_1003.syx" from the "Xio Factory Soundbank folder", then click 'Open'.
- On the Xio, press the 'global' button to enter the global menu and scroll to the 'Mem Protect' page. Make sure this is set to 'OFF' then press 'play/synth' to return to play mode.
- As we are trying to overwrite bank 1, make sure the current patch on the Xio is patch 1XX. You can scroll through patches using the "Prog Data" knob.
- Now press "Upload" in Patch Librarian. You should see it bank 1 uploading now.
- In Patch Librarian, click 'Open' again and select "Sound Bank2 XIO_1003.syx" from the Xio Factory Soundbank folder, then click open.
- As we are trying to overwrite bank 2 now, make sure the current patch on the Xio is patch 2XX. You can scroll through patches using the "Prog Data" knob.
- Now press "Upload" in Patch Librarian again. You should see bank 2 uploading now.
- Press 'OK' in Patch Librarian to finish.