Applies to: ReMOTE LE
Follow these steps to set the ReMOTE LE up to work with Reason:
- Make sure you have Reason 3 or later installed.
- Connect the ReMOTE LE to your computer, turn it on and launch Reason.
- In Reason go to the 'Control Surfaces & Keyboards' page of Preferences.
- Click 'Add' to add a controller.
- In the next window select
- Maufacturer: Novation
- Model: ReMOTE LE
- MIDI Input: ReMOTE LE
- MIDI Output: ReMOTE LE
- Click 'OK'. If you do not see 'ReMOTE LE' listed under 'Model' then quit Reason and download and run the Reason Codecs installer which is attached to this article (click the link to the right of this text), then start from step 2 again.
- A warning will appear telling you that a template is about to be uploaded to the ReMOTE LE. Before clicking OK, make sure that memory protect is turned off. To do this press the 'global' button to enter the global menu and use the octave buttons to scroll to the 'Memory Protect:' page. Use the data encoder to set this to 'Off' then press 'write' to save the setting and then 'play' to return to play mode.
- Click OK in Reason and after a couple of seconds the ReMOTE LE will receive the template and the display will ask you if you want to save it. Use the 'data' encoder to select the template location you want to save the template to and then press 'write' 2 times to confirm.
- After this, you can exit preferences and start using Reason. The Reason template MUST be selected to control Reason. The ReMOTE LE will then control whichever device is selected for MIDI control in the Reason sequencer.