Applies to Impulse
To do this you will need the Impulse HUI update, see here
- Connect the Impulse
- Open Logic
- Go To Logic Pro X> Preferences > Advanced Tools
- Ensure Control Surfaces is enabled
- Go to Logic Pro X > Control Surfaces > Setup...
- Click New > Install:
- Select the Mackie HUI device
- Click Add
- Set the Impulse HUI ports as the Input and Output
If you do not see the Impulse HUI port here, please note you will need to first clear the Impulse from the MIDI Studio found in Finder > Applications > Utilities > Audio MIDI Setup. Once in this program, disconnect the Impulse and go to the Window menu and then MIDI Studio. Once here select the Impulse and click delete:
Note that you may need to do this even if you did the firmware update on another system.
If you are still stuck please see our video: