This month’s exclusive Sound Collective community giveaway brings together emulations of three classic Roland synths.
This offer also comes with a 50% discount code to redeem against any other RetroMod instrument in the Tracktion Software store.
If you're having difficulty locating this plug-in in Ableton Live on a Windows machine, simply redirect the file path by going to the options menu at the top of Ableton and selecting preferences.
(Options > Preferences)
Within the preferences menu, select the tab named 'Plug-ins'.
1) Select the browse button under the 'VST2 Plug-In Custom Folder' option.
2) Change the file path to c:\ProgramFiles\Steinberg\VSTPlugins (assuming the default file path has been used).
You can do this by selecting 'Local Disc'.
3) Select 'Program Files'.
4) Scroll down to locate the folder titled 'Steinberg'.
5) Open 'VSTPlugins'.
6) Establish the file path by selecting 'Select Folder'.
7) Select 'Rescan' so it recognises the changes you have made.
- You may need to 'Force Rescan'. To do this, hold down the ALT key while clicking 'Rescan'.
- This will rescan every plugin in your library, so it may take a while.
You will now see RetroMod 106 in your VST library.