Requires FL Studio 20.9.2 or above
Although the FLkey Mini and FLkey 37 script should set up automatically when connected to FL Studio 20.9.2 and above, if there are any issues you will need to set this up manually.
In the MIDI Settings window (Options > Settings > MIDI) make sure the FLkey is set up as per the following steps:
1. Select and enable the FLkey MIDI & DAW input ports in the lower ‘Input’ panel:
FLkey MIDI Out
FLkey DAW Out (named MIDIOUT2 on Windows)
2. Click on each Input and, using the red ‘Port’ tab below, set different port numbers for both.
Port numbers can be set to anything not already in use (except 0)
Choose different port numbers for the MIDI and DAW ports
3. Select each input and assign the scripts for your FLkey:
Click on the MIDI input, click the ‘controller type’ drop down and choose ‘FLkey Mini MIDI’ or ‘FLkey 37 MIDI’ depending on which FLkey you own.
Click on the DAW input, click the ‘controller type’ drop down and choose ‘FLkey Mini DAW’ or ‘FLkey 37 DAW’ depending on which FLkey you own..
4. Click the output ports in the upper ‘Output’ panel and set the ‘Port’ numbers to match the inputs.
FLkey MIDI In.
FLkey DAW In (named MIDIIN2 on Windows).
The scripts you set in step 3 automatically link.
5. Select the DAW output (upper panel) and enable ‘send master sync’.
6. Near the bottom of the window, enable ‘Pickup (takeover mode)’.
7. Click ‘Refresh device list’ in the bottom left.
FLkey 37 set up screenshot:
FLkey Mini setup screenshot: