This Sounds Usage Licence (“Agreement”) covers your use of Sounds and Tools, as defined below. By using or accessing our Sounds and/or Tools, you agree to be bound by the terms of this Agreement. If you are using our Sounds and/or Tools for an organisation, you are agreeing to the terms of this Agreement on behalf of that organisation.
You are provided with a royalty-free sample library of Sounds which you may download and/or use subject to following the terms of this Agreement. All Sounds and Tools remain the property of our licensors and/or Focusrite Audio Engineering Limited of Windsor House, Turnpike Road, Cressex Business Park, High Wycombe, Bucks, HP12 3FX (registered company number 0235799)(collectively, “Licensor”, “us”, “our”, ”we”) and are licensed to you, as the original end-user (“Licensee”, “you”, “your”), for your use subject to the provisions below. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved exclusively by Licensor.
- In this Agreement, “Sounds” means audio loops, samples, instruments and audio synthesis software and their output for Novation and Loopmasters (the “Sounds”); “Tools” means presets and templates.
- You may use the Sounds for commercial or non-commercial music and audio compositions without our prior permission provided that you adhere to the terms of this Agreement.
- You may use the Tools in combination with other software and sounds for the purpose of producing creative works provided you adhere to the terms of this Agreement.
- You are given a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, non-transferable and non-sublicensable licence to use and modify the Sounds and/or Tools but ONLY as part of your musical composition with other sounds.
- You cannot use, distribute, sell, lend, rent, broadcast, share, assign, transfer, or sub-licence the Sounds and/or Tools (commercially or otherwise) in isolation, stand-alone or as individual loops, sound sets, sound effects, as source materials, or to create or re-package the Sounds and/or Tools in whole or in part, or to create a sound library, or for use within any competitive product.
- You cannot sub-license, re-sell, loan, rent, lease, assign, upload to or download from any shared server space, or transfer or otherwise distribute or make available all or any of the Sounds and/or Tools (or any modification thereof) to anyone, except to the extent that they are incorporated into your musical compositions.
- You acknowledge that all copyright and any other intellectual property rights in the Sounds and Tools belong and shall belong to Licensor, and that you shall have no rights in or to the Sounds and Tools other than the rights expressly granted by this Agreement.
- You own the intellectual property rights in your recordings of your musical work or compositions which use any Sounds and/or Tools, but you do not own any copyright or other intellectual property rights to any Sounds and/or Tools even when incorporated into your musical compositions. Provided that you are in compliance with this Agreement, you may copy, modify, reproduce, distribute, publicly perform, transmit, communicate to the public, sublicense and otherwise use your musical work or composition without our prior permission.
- You acknowledge that other users may use the Sounds and/or Tools in their own musical compositions and you may not prevent other users from doing so. It is your responsibility to own or have obtained all rights for any of your recordings incorporating our Sounds and/or Tools or any other sounds and/or content which may belong to third parties and may be protected by copyright or other intellectual property laws and treaties.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, you shall indemnify us from all and any reasonable costs, expenses, losses, liabilities and damages incurred or suffered by us which arise out of or connected with a claim resulting from your use (or misuse) of our Sounds and/or Tools or third party intellectual property which you do not own or properly licence.
- To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, we do not warrant that the Sounds and Tools are accurate, complete, non-infringing, reliable, error-free, or will meet your requirements. The Sounds and Tools are provided “as is” and “as available”. To the fullest extent permitted by law, in no event will Licensor be liable to you for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages (including damages for loss of profits, goodwill, or any other intangible loss) arising out of or relating to your use of the Sounds and/or Tools.
- This Agreement shall not be assigned or otherwise transferred by you without our prior written permission. Nothing in this Agreement shall constitute a joint venture, partnership or joint venture between you and us and shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales. The courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this Agreement or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims).
If you have any queries, questions or customer service inquiries regarding this Agreement, please contact us at Customer Support at Focusrite Audio Engineering Limited, Windsor House, Turnpike Road, Cressex Business Park, High Wycombe, Bucks, HP12 3FX or via our website.
We reserve the right to change this Agreement at any time, at our sole discretion.