Applies to: MiniNova
To manually update the firmware on your MiniNova using a PC:
- Please download "MIDIOX" from here.
- Please download the attached 1157.syx file, this is the OS update.
- Once downloaded, install and run MIDI OX.
- Connect the MiniNova to your PC via USB and power up the MiniNova via USB while pressing: 'PAGE <', 'PAGE >' and 'OK'. You should see 'Exit to firmware' shown on the LCD screen.
- Select the output port by clicking on the "select MIDI devices to open" icon. This is the one that looks like a blue MIDI connector.
- Under MIDI Outputs click on the MiniNova so that it is highlighted blue and appears in the "Port Mapping" list. Select OK.
- Select View > Sysex and then in the new window Sysex > Configure. Ensure that the settings match the image below.
- Select Command Window > Load file and select the 1157.syx attached to this mail. Then select Command Windows > Send sysex. This will send the OS.
- You will know when the MiniNova is upgrading as the value of the installer will increase on the screen of the MiniNova.
- When the update completes, power cycle the unit.