In this article, I’m going to walk you through the Melodics software which comes with your Novation product. The steps covered in this article are all explained in the video above.
Melodics is a piece of software which teaches you keyboard skills and finger drumming, to help you improve your music production and performance with your Novation product.
I’m going to walk you through how to download and install Melodics, then I’m going to show you how to use your promotional code from Novation to access additional free content inside the software.
1) You will need to have your Novation product registered in order to access your Melodics offer. If you have not registered your product, then watch select the video below to see the registration process for your Launchpad:
Launchpad Mini: https://youtu.be/ZJzJjn_fkoI
Launchpad MKII: https://youtu.be/jfXeRYYzmJI
Launchpad Pro: https://youtu.be/BSbo4G8Uvs0
2) Please log in to your Novation account, click on 'My Software' at the top, and choose Tutorials. On the Melodics icon click on 'View Details'
After clicking on 'View Details' you will then be taken to this page where you can find your Promo Code and the link to go to the Melodic website to download the software.
3) You will now be taken to the Melodics website, where you can download the software by selecting ‘Get started for free now’.
4) I’m going to walk you through how to install melodies on both Mac and PC.
On a Mac, downloads, run installer.
On a Windows machine, right click, hit extract all and make sure the show extracted files when completed box is ticked.
Double click the extracted file to open the installer.
5) Run through the installer, and then you will have the Melodics software on your computer.
Next, you will need to open the Melodics software and run through the set up steps. If you already have a Melodics account then you can log in here, but if not, follow the registration steps which will create a Melodics account for you.
When creating your account you will be prompted to fill in your name, your email, and a password, this is where you will also put the promo code in.
6) Once registered, please connect your MIDI controller, and then go to settings and select your audio and MIDI device.
Once this is complete, you’ll be ready to get started with Melodics.
Under the learning tab you can filter and browse the free lessons and courses, which are graded by difficulty.
7) To gain access to the additional free lessons that come with your Novation device, return to your Novation account, go to downloads and activation codes and copy the Melodics promo code.
Then, inside Melodics, go to You > Promo code and enter your code. These lessons will now be displayed along with the rest of the free lessons inside Melodics.
Now that we have Melodics all set up, and you have gained access to your free lessons, you're ready to start playing sessions with Melodics.
Whether you’re a music producer or a performer, Melodics is an excellent tool for you to practice your timing, dexterity and hand independence to aid your workflow.