Applies to: Bass Station II, Circuit, Circuit Mono Station, Circuit Tracks, Circuit Rhythm, Peak, Summit, SL MkIII, Launchey Mini MK3, Launchkey MK3, Launchpad Mini MK3, Launchpad X, Launchpad Pro MK3, FLkey 37, FLkey Mini. FLkey 49, FLkey 61
How to update firmware using Novation Components
Support products can be updated using Components by connecting them to the computer and opening either the standalone version of Components or the web version in a browser that supports web MIDI. When you first connect a product you'll be prompted to update the firmware as needed:
If you don't see a prompt to update here, you have the latest firmware.
Once you click "Update Firmware" you'll be directed on any further steps you need to take (note that some products require manual confirmation on the hardware before being the process)
You can also go to a specific product's Updates page to update, reinstall and check the release notes of the latest firmware. This is located in the menu at the top right of the product page:
If the firmware update for your Novation device via Components fails, there are a number of troubleshooting steps we recommend trying.
The first step is to disconnect your device and reconnect it to a different USB port as this can solve a number of problems.
If you are not already, please try updating your firmware using the standalone version of Components.
If you use a Windows computer, please install the Novation USB driver. This is available on our downloads page and in the 'My Hardware' section of your account page:
- Downloads page: Downloads | Customer Portal (novationmusic.com)
- My Hardware: My Hardware | Customer Portal (novationmusic.com)
In Components, you can run firmware updates more than once if they fail the first time. You can also reinstall the firmware from the Updates page (accessed with the menu in the top right) if you would like to:
For this to show, your device will need to be in Bootloader mode. The instructions for starting your device in bootloader mode are included below:
- Bass Station II: Hold the 'Save', 'Patch left' and 'Patch right' buttons and power on the Bass Station II
- Circuit: Hold the 'Scales', 'Notes' and 'Velocity' buttons and power on the Circuit.
- Circuit Mono Station: Hold the 'Scales', 'Notes' and 'Velocity' buttons and power on Circuit Mono Station.
- Circuit Tracks: Hold the 'Scales', 'Preset', 'Note' buttons while powering Circuit Tracks.
- Circuit Rhythm: Hold the 'Sample Rec', 'Samples', 'Note' while powering Circuit Rhythm.
- Peak: Hold the three buttons to the left of the LCD screen and power on Peak.
- Summit: Hold the three buttons to the left of the LCD screen and power on Summit.
- SL MKIII: Hold the 'Octave +' and 'Octave -' buttons and power on the SL MKIII.
- Launchkey Mini MK3: Hold 'Transpose', 'Octave +' and 'Octave -' while connecting the USB cable.
- Launchkey 25/37/49/61/88 MK3: Hold Octave + and Octave - and connect the USB cable.
- Launchpad Mini MK3: Hold 'User' and connect the USB cable.
- Launchpad X: Hold the Capture MIDI button and connect the USB cable.
- Launchpad Pro MK3: Hold down the Setup button and connect the USB cable.
- FLkey Mini: Hold 'Transpose', 'Octave +' and 'Octave -' while connecting the USB cable.
- FLkey 37/49/61: Hold Octave + and Octave - and connect the USB cable.
- Launch Control/Launch Control XL: Hold 'User' and 'Factory' while connecting the USB cable.
If this article hasn't helped you, please feel free to search again at the top of this page or, to contact support, please click here.