Applies to: Bass Station II, Circuit, Circuit Mono Station, Circuit Tracks, Circuit Rhythm, Peak, Summit, SL MKIII, Launchey Mini Mk3, Launchkey MK3, Launchpad Mini M3, Launchpad X, Launchpad Pro MK3
If the firmware update for your Novation device via Components fails, there are a number of troubleshooting steps we recommend trying.
The first step is to disconnect your device and reconnect it to a different USB port– This solves a lot of these issues.
If you are not already, please try updating your firmware using the standalone version of Components. You can download this from the 'My Software' section of your Novation account once you have registered your product:
If you use a Windows computer, please install the Novation USB driver. This is available on our downloads page and in the 'My Hardware' section of your account page:
My Hardware: My Hardware | Customer Portal (novationmusic.com)
Downloads page: Downloads | Customer Portal (novationmusic.com)
In Components, you can run firmware updates more than once if they fail the first time. Please run the update again if you are having issues.
If you continue to have problems, before opening Components, power on your device in 'bootloader mode'.
The instructions for starting your device in bootloader mode are included below:
- Bass Station II: Hold the 'Save', 'Patch left' and 'Patch right' buttons and power on the Bass Station II
- Circuit: Hold the 'Scales', 'Notes' and 'Velocity' buttons and power on the Circuit.
- Circuit Mono Station: Hold the 'Scales', 'Notes' and 'Velocity' buttons and power on Circuit Mono Station.
- Circuit Tracks: Hold the 'Scales', 'Preset', 'Note' buttons while powering Circuit Tracks.
- Circuit Rhythm: Hold the 'Sample Rec', 'Samples', 'Note' while powering Circuit Rhythm.
- Peak: Hold the three buttons to the left of the LCD screen and power on Peak.
- Summit: Hold the three buttons to the left of the LCD screen and power on Summit.
- SL MKIII: Hold the 'Octave +' and 'Octave -' buttons and power on the SL MKIII.
- Launchkey Mini MK3: Hold 'Transpose', 'Octave +' and 'Octave -' while connecting the USB cable.
- Launchkey 25/37/49/61 MK3: Hold Octave + and Octave - and connect the USB cable.
- Launchpad Mini MK3: Hold 'User' and connect the USB cable.
- Launchpad X: Hold the Capture MIDI button and connect the USB cable.
- Launchpad Pro MK3: Hold down the Setup button and connect the USB cable.